Change The Storage Location Of 'my Documents' - Hackers Zone
Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

Hackers Zone

Home Contact Us About Me Downloads

Change The Storage Location Of 'my Documents'

How to change the storage location of 'My Documents', for being bit safer for when your PC crashes...I just found out about this today, and I use Windows XP for some time now, so i guess there are others out there who don't know about this yet.
But normally windows saves the "My Documents" folder on your C-drive. But when you right-click on it and go to properties, you can change the location where you want windows to save your Documents folder.
I have a partition set up with just windows on it, and all my things i want to keep are on different partitions/disks. So now I put My Documents on another partition than where I have windows installed. If windows screws up and you have to format your C-drive again, your documents will be spared at least...
 
Posted under:
Enrique - Do u know